The goal of marketing is to promote the products or services. Entrepreneurs then have the choice between several marketing approaches to ensure the success of their strategies. In this article, let’s try to identify the advantages and disadvantages of traditional and digital marketing.
Traditional marketing: what you need to know
Traditional marketing relies primarily on the media including the print media, newspapers, advertising posters, radio and television to inform the public about products or services.
This is how companies make contact with consumers . This technique is also called Outbound Marketing or Outbound Marketing.
Traditional (classic) marketing offers advantages:
- Convey messages easily and quickly ;
- Target local consumers;
- Use viable and quality supports;
- Familiarize the public with a brand or an offer (the case of displays);
- Easily reach targets loyal to the old advertising method.
Disadvantages of traditional marketing
- The message only reaches a well-defined geographical area;
- The cost of broadcasting messages (newspapers, radio, television,) is generally high;
- No way to interact with the target;
- No way to assess return on investment;
- Reserved only for a certain category of user and not for all.
Digital marketing: what to remember
Digital marketing is the result of the evolution of traditional marketing, but whose messages are disseminated with digital tools and media. This new form of marketing is inseparable from the use of the Internet, websites, social networks , blogs, Emailing, SEO…
While classic marketing tends to go to consumers (outbound marketing), digital marketing expert delhi develops the strategy of inbound marketing or inbound marketing. This technique seeks to attract consumers through the quality of content and products.
What are the advantages of digital marketing?
- No geographical limit in the distribution of messages;
- Fast, efficient and sustainable message delivery to an unlimited number of audiences;
- A possibility of having its own database on its customers;
- Inclusive access at any time to a hearing.
- The return on investment is measurable, all digital actions are;
- A wide possibility of interaction between the advertising company and the client;
- Affordable or even lower campaign cost;
- Use of digital media with viral effect;
- Possibility of adjusting the strategy during the marketing campaign .
Some disadvantages of digital marketing
- Requires real skill, so not accessible to everyone;
- Monitoring a campaign is time consuming;
- The return on investment is long;
- Provide an additional budget to support any change in inbound marketing.
- social networks… Many companies opt for digital marketing and benefit from a viral and more effective marketing strategy.
- Some use both approaches: classic and digital, and opt for one and / or the other depending on the characteristics of the products and services to promote
The advantages of digital marketing for a business?
The digital market is huge, in theory we could reach a huge number of people in the world. Borders no longer exist and time no longer means anything. We can therefore reach a large number of people 24/24 and 7/7.
If almost all companies are betting on digital marketing these days, it is because it is a process that has many advantages.
First of all, only a few seconds are enough to communicate with digital media, which makes them ultra-fast information dissemination channels. Focusing on digital marketing also means enhancing the brand image. We have to show customers that we know how to modernize and that we master the new media. It is a proof of professionalism and It makes the company more professional and inspires more confidence.
Digital marketing makes it possible to change the relationship between the customer and the company. They can consult information whenever they want on the internet. What they consult is recorded in the form of cookies and is therefore used to know the desires of consumers and to make targeted offers.
Finally, digital makes it possible to stand out from the competition. As soon as you have sufficient command of digital communication, it is easier to be reactive and accessible than the competition. A better customer relationship creates more trust in customers.
Digital marketing trends in 2017:
In 2017, digital marketing is omnipresent.
We will cite 5 current trends:
# 1 Customer experience : it is no longer enough to sell a product to a customer but to sell an overall experience around a product. The firms will then play with the emotions and feelings of the customer to convince him to come back and consume a product afterwards.
# 2 Personalized Marketing: No more mass marketing, hello personalized marketing. Nowadays, companies tend to adapt to different demands to satisfy as many people as possible. Algorithms will then collect all customer data in order to develop personalized offers.
# 3 Cross-device marketing: electronic devices are multiplying but uses differ. The objective of companies is then to analyze demographic data and the customer journey in real time in order to optimize their experience according to the place, time and device of the consumer. This makes it possible to offer adapted and personalized content in a multi-channel approach.
# 4 Social selling: 75% of consumers use social networks for their B2B purchasing decisions. Companies therefore have every interest in using these networks to develop their sales. Currently, Linkedin is the largest social network used by social sellers with 450 million members.
# 5 Chatbots: a real marketing automation tool, it’s actually a virtual assistant that answers customers’ most common questions to help them in their research.